8.6.14

DENMARK HERE WE GO



Hello we are back. 

It was an almost full 14 days trip and only in Denmark alone. Our choice of country and duration of stay seemed to have baffled a lot of people, judging from the many (often unsolicited) comments we had around us.

"2 weeks? Denmark only?"
"I've heard the shops close early, what're you going to do all day?"  
"Sounds like quite a boring place."

The funny thing is, especially for the boring part, I often like to ask them why this is so, and the answers tended to vary on the same notes of "I don't know, I can't think of anything, what's there?".

I think it's not very nice to say bad things about something you barely know, no?

Maybe the way we do things are a little bit different from other people, but we really like to take our time to explore and prefer not to touch and go.

Denmark is not a place for epic monuments but there is a lot of beauty we found in this country of rolling pastures, shifting sands, storybook towns, everyday design, kamikaze cyclists and the people, we found the most beauty in its people, and in the 2 weeks we were there we met many, some of whom became friends, but let's talk about that as we go along :)

This is the start of 24 rolls of exposed negatives, have heart and be brave *lol*.


10 comments:

  1. Now you can tell them there are 24 rolls of film worth of things to see in Denmark. Very excited to see the photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would spend 2 weeks there in a heartbeat. You are a traveler and not a tourist, this is what I love about you. I am the same, but sadly my salary does not allow for the pleasure! Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A traveler and not a tourist, I love the way you said it. We also had to save quite a bit for it, after this trip we should be staying put in Singapore for sometime! I envy you actually, the States is such a big place, lots of exploring that could be done!

      Delete
  3. can't wait to see all the photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working hard to sort through the mess!! Was just looking at your Sakura photos again, so beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh. 24 rolls?! That's definitely A LOT to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yeap, then again I'm trigger-happy, it's amazing the sort of rubbish I shoot sometimes :) So let's say there's about 10 rolls of rubbish and hopefully there's still 14 rolls of "maybe something worth seeing"?

      Delete
  5. as long as time permits, adventure will await :) looking forward to your shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words always sound like poetry, thank you!

      Delete