26.6.13

KITA-KAMAKURA

I can't remember exactly how many times I've been there, or even what I had always done, but walking around this place always put me in an instant good mood.

We were too early for the famous purple ajisai.

But stumbled upon the bunny and turtle in B's photo. (B! I've just realized, the turtle's moved!)

A signboard for coffee among the many residential homes.


As beautiful as what I had expected.


We were in between breakfast and lunch, and so had the place all to ourselves.





We only walked a little bit more.

Before deciding that we could do lunch again.



Kyorai-an (去来庵)

A Jap friend once told me that if I wanted really good food, go to the small shops that don't have a variety. This one offered nothing but beef stew, and it was good, so good.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I love Kamakura, I've been there twice and never get tired of it. I especially like the less touristy areas. Also, I agree with your Japanese friend about small shops. I used to prefer restaurants and cafes that have long menus, but after living in Tokyo for a few months I noticed the less items there are on the menu, the better the dishes. My Japanese friend commented that it may be because they can focus on the quality of a few dishes rather than on the quantity of choice. P.S. Sorry for the long comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, it's always interesting to read what others think. Are you still in Tokyo now? How do you like it?

      Delete
  2. I really must go and visit kita-kamakura and resist the urge to just do the usual kamakura shopping street and buddha (even though I love these places so).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were wandering everywhere else and taking up so much time that in the end we didn't manage to make it for the shopping street *lol*, which was a shame in a way because they have a lot of yummy Kamamkura snacks sold there.

      Delete