8.12.10

GREENS, SPOON & A CHERRY


My favourite from Minneapolis, photos of the Cowles Conservatory and the Sculpture Garden. I think I went a bit gaga over the succulents. I used to have one but it died (I might have given it too much water), but after seeing these I'm determined to make a terrarium of succulents once I'm back home.


This is the most interesting sculpture in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, the Spoonbridge and Cherry by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, both Swedish by descent. There were a lot of Swedish who migrated to States in the 1800s and they seemed to have all congregated in Minnesota. I can understand why though, knowing the Swedes' love of nature. There're a lot of beautiful lakes, woods and wildlife here.

Edit>>
Someone just asked me if I photoshop my photos a lot. I don't actually, except to do some resizing, I don't even tweak the contrast most of the time. The chemical reaction of the film with light does all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment